10 Free Online Learning Opportunities to Beat the Boredom
The current COVID-19 pandemic and related stay-at-home orders have impacted every aspect of our lives. With shows and clinics canceled and some barns closed, you might find yourself with a bit of spare time. Don’t let that stop you from learning! Here are 10 online horse-related and dressage resources to help ease the boredom:
- Watch Charlotte Dujardin and Valegro’s World Record Breaking Freestyle test at London Olympia from 2014.
- Revisit Lendon Gray riding Seldom Seen in his 1987 retirement ceremony at Dressage at Devon.
- Learn about how the horse’s hoof responds to its environment in “Is the Hoof Smart? Adaptability of the Equine Foot” by Dr. Debra Taylor
- Learn how to ride three dressage shapes from EventionTV.
- Catherine Haddad teacher our ODS Trainers’ Symposium. In this short video, discover one of her go-to advanced lessons.
- Watch Lilo Fore teaching the canter pirouette at the 2017 FEI- Level Trainers Conference from USDF.
- Read “The Secrets of the Half-Halt with Conrad Schumacher.”
- Make sure your horse is a healthy weight by using the Henneke Horse Body Condition Scoring method, presented by SmartPak.
- Try adding stretching to your horse’s routine with this guide, “Top 5 Stretches for Healthy Horses.”
- Use your membership to access the USDF Education Library.
Do you have a favorite online resource? Share it with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.