ODS Trainers Workshop with Catherine Haddad Staller

Trainers, Instructors, Professional Riders, L Program Graduates & Licensed Judges. New Dates!!!

Back by popular demand the ODS Trainers Continuing Education Workshop with Catherine Haddad Staller will be held Saturday and Sunday,  November 7-8th, 2020, at Pirouette Enterprises in Wilsonville, Oregon.

For more information and registration please click here.

Special thanks to our sponsors: Gallops Saddlery, USDF, Stubben & The Dressage Foundation Inc.

May ODS Board Meeting Minutes

OREGON DRESSAGE SOCIETY BOARD MEETING May 16th, 2020
Call to Order: 9:13 am
Attendance: Lisa Koch, Michelle Anderson, Lynette Hammon, Eileen Parent, Tedi Paasch, Marsha
Williams, Karen Cheeke, Sarah Diebert, Kim Barker, Kathy Casey, Tory Kelly, Mary Packard.
Absent: Brett Stallings, Brittany Castell, Keaton Hoy.
President’s Report:
Acknowledgements:
• Test book is out. Thank you very much Sarah Diebert, also Tedi, Kim and Eileen for proof
reading.
• Horse/Rider Awards: Thank you to Sarah and Tory for your work. The lists have been sent to the
engraver and should be done soon.
• PPM/Bylaws: Thank you Mary and Marsha for all your continuing work on this.
• Webcast: Thank you Michelle and Kim for putting on the first webcast it worked very well and
there is interest for more.
• Board Positions: Solbritt Hill is willing to assume the south region rep. position. Brett is moving
to Texas – We all wish her the best of luck in her endeavors. We are not looking to fill her
position at this time as we have more than enough directors.
Treasurer’s Report: Lynette presented the Profit and Loss for January to May 2020.
Accomplished
All transactions are input for 2019 and categorized
Books for 2020 are reconciling
Mobile Deposit with Chase
Bookkeeper to help with data entry/auditing
Have ODS accounts earning interest
All accounts in order with usernames and passwords
Organizing categories in QB for more efficient budgeting
Caught up our State Transit taxes due since 3Q2018- reimbursed NE Oregon Chapter for fines
Re-registered with Secretary of State as Non-profit
Paid Loop-up outstanding invoices through July 2019
Working on:
2019 Taxes
Having Jon Howell look at prior years to reconcile
W9 list for show/event managers – don’t need one if we have contractor on file
Budget statement for show/event managers
Visa that earns income
Point of purchase with visa
Organizing position
2020 Budget
Lisa presented a draft budget for May to Dec. 2020.
Motion to approve draft budget. Voted and Approved
Lisa presented a letter to the board. She stated concerns over clarifying previous financial records and
the categorizing of them. She stated the need to go forward with improved categorizing and record
keeping in Quick Books system for the future. A financial consultant, Larry Lakes, who has a lot of
experience working with non-profits, is willing to work with ODS to reconcile the 2019-2020 books.
Motion: Approve Larry Lakes as a non-paid consultant to work as needed to help get the budget
organized, and with the basic bookkeeping and accounting to move forward in a more organized
fashion. Voted and Approved.
Committee Updates:
*Strategic Planning – on hold waiting for budget.
* Championship Show Committee – on hold
* Education Committee – Lisa, Marsha, Rhonda, Anna Bigwood working on Trainers’ Workshop.
Catherine has now committed to the workshop on Oct. 16-17. The Budget is in the submitted draft
budget. The Adult Amateur Workshop is Nov. 14 and 15 with Paula Lacey. Trainers may audit. The
budget has been submitted in the draft budget.
* Competitions Committee – Sarah stated that we need to follow the USEF and local and state
guidelines for the shows. This includes adding another waiver and having PPEs, Temperature checks
along with limiting the number of people. Complete list of guidelines on USEF website.
Motion: The board needs to develop a Covid Resource person responsible for coordinating the local,
state and USEF guidelines and keeping ODS in compliance. Tabled. Kim, Michelle and Lisa will develop a
description of a position to coordinate a covid response in regards to ODS shows and bring it to the
board.
Webcast Update: The webcast went great with about 60 people registered. The format worked well and
we are receiving emails asking for more. Presently looking for more topics.
Bylaws and PPM: Mary and Marsha reported they have finished the first two chapters covering ODS and
the Board. Discussion about a motion for accepting new criteria for choosing the ODS delegates to the
USDF convention. Motion tabled for further review.
Motion: Motion to remove the giving or selling of the ODS mailing list to Business members. Change to
“ODS Business members are entitled to one broadcast email per quarter”. Voted and approved.
Regional Rep. Reports:
Tedi – North region – NWV has about 15 active members, all amateurs, everything is on hold. CM –
everything on hold. FVC – still trying to plan adult camp and league show, maybe.
Marsha – East region – NE is able to ride at home, Eagle Cap loved the webcast had a practice show, has