The Oregon Dressage Society (the Corporation) shall be organized and operated exclusively for charitable, scientific, athletic, artistic, and educational purposes. Subject to the limitations stated in the Articles of Incorporation, the purposes of this corporation shall be to engage in any lawful activities, none of which are for profit, for which corporations may be organized under Chapter 65 of the Oregon Revised Statutes (or its corresponding future provisions).
The purpose of the Oregon Dressage Society is to educate, promote and inspire its members and the general public through programs, publications and competitions, in a way that enhances the image of Dressage and promotes the welfare of the horse. The program of the Oregon Dressage Society shall be designed to offer a framework in which individuals can progress with dressage schooling of themselves and their horses.
The Oregon Dressage Society was founded in 1971; incorporated in 1972 and received our 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt status in 1992. ODS is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of at least six Directors at Large and four Regional Representatives.
- Serves a three-year term (positions rotate); nominations for two positions accepted each spring/summer and election is each fall.
- Is sensitive to the thoughts and wishes of the Society membership and represents the interest of all ODS members at board meetings.
- Attends ODS Board Meetings and votes on issues presented.
- Discusses issues with ODS members and reports to the Board or the appropriate committee.
- May be asked to serve on ODS committees.
- Assists with communication between Office and membership.
Additional Resources and Official Documents
- Annual Financial Reports
- IRS Letter of Determination – 501(c)(3) Non Profit Status
- Policies and Procedures Manual
- Strategic Plan
- ODS Amended Annual Report
- ODS Articles of Incorporation, Non-Profit