Page last updated 06/25/2018
ODS is organized into Regions and Chapters to provide opportunities for local promotion of educational activities and competitions locally as well as statewide activities.
CCD-ODS serves Columbia County in the NW section of Oregon including St Helens, Scappoose and Rainer.
CCD-ODS 2018 Officers:
- President – Stephanie Hammer – (503) 382-7481
- Vice President – Leslie Upton – (503) 397-6649
- Secretary – Jennifer Johnson – (503) 438-0999
- Treasurer – Christine Allison – (503) 366-3228
To help promote the art of Dressage thru educational lectures, demonstrations, viewing DVD’s. and inviting guest speakers during our monthly meetings and special events. Specializing in teaching young riders, including 4-H, by lectures, demo riders, Ride-A-Tests, providing assistance to 4-Hers during Pre-Fair week and Fair.
Our Chapter built the full-size Dressage Court at Columbia County Fairgrounds, so we need to spend time yearly on upkeep and maintenance of the Court.
Some chapters have their own bylaws, if so, they will be linked here. Otherwise, chapters follow the current ODS bylaws, as posted here.
Annual Chapter Activities:
- Assist with the organization and arrangement of the Dressage Show at the Columbia County Fair Grounds for Pre-Fair for 4-H.
- Assist with the organization and Organize and may provide judging,scribes and scorers for Dressage Classes at Fair.
- May provide Lecture and Demonstrations for each Level at the Fair and Pre-Fair.
- May organize the Adult Dressage Classes at Rodeo Crown Princess Show.
- May organize and arrange a Ride-A-Test once a year.
- Yearly trail excursion planned to various locations.
All meetings are open to all ODS members and non-members, to help provide association and encouragement for this sport. They are held monthly, typically the first Tuesday of the month. Some potluck dinners and DVD nights included. Please check CCD Facebook page for changes in dates or location for each month.
View current CCD News
CCD on the Web:
CCD-ODS Facebook Fan Page